Monday, November 21, 2011

Steaming a Whole Lamb in Morocco

It was Sunday and it was pouring of rain. I was with my brother and my sister in law. We were hungry and we decided to have lunch. We stopped at this butcher-restaurant. My brother seemed to know the owner.


Steaming a Whole Lamb


You choose your meat and they barbecue it for you. We opted for kafta brochettes accompanied with fresh mint tea.



Genuine Moroccan Lifestyle
                                      
The atmosphere was genuine and certainly not touristic. They were only Moroccan families having a Sunday lunch out. It felt really homely and with a great sense of community. It was the Morocco I knew when I was living there more than thirty years ago. Genuine people getting on with their everyday life. I am glad the simple way of life still exists far removed from the artificial one that the guide books and bloggers like to fill our heads with…..

No comments: