Today and while most of Tajine makers in Morocco are using electric and gas kilns, you can still find places where the wood fire kilns are the only medium to bisque as well as to glaze Tajines...

Old Wood Fire Kiln

Lids of Tajines drying in the sun, before being fired in the wood fire kiln

The man is working and preparing the clay with his feets
Two chicken, green olives and preserved Moroccan lemon Tajines...mmmmm

Long days perfecting the shape of Tajine...
and long days glazing them....

5 comments:
You have a very interesting blog. I have eaten some good tajines in Marrakech and Paris too, but not in the Deep South where I now live (Atlanta, GA) – not too many north African restaurants around here. One of the problems too is that most people don’t eat lamb. I love lamb and je marcherais des kilomètres pour un bon plat de brochettes ou un bon couscous. I’ll come back and read more of your blog.
Je suis content que vous aimez mon blog. Merci.
C'est un peu triste qu'il y ait pas de restaurants maghrebins la ou vous vivez. A Brisbane, c'est la meme chose: zero... Mais, vous savez, il n y a pas mieux que de cuisiner marocain soi-meme!!! C'est un peu facile a dire, mais c'est faisable avec un peu de volonte...
I love these photos, they bring back such amazing memories
Bonjour, merci pour ces belles photos, c'est magique! Je n'ai jamais vu comment on confectionne un tajine marocain. Passez une belle journée.
Merci Khadija. Tout le plaisir est pour moi et je suis content que vous ayez apprecie l'histoire "Traditional Moroccan Tajine Making"... Passez une bonne journee aussi.
Post a Comment